When you install PCProtect on your computer, it will be stored in the regular "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)" folders, located in the root of the C:\ drive. This will allow all users on that computer to access and run the application. I.e. all Administrators and sub-users can all benefit from using PCProtect.
Rarely you may find that the app was installed to a specific user, in which case the other users may not be able to run it. If that happens, here are a few things that you can try out to fix the issue.:
- Copy the shortcut from the other user or just simply locate the pcprotect.com.exe file from the "Program Files (x86)" directory and create a shortcut from there.
- The app might be installed for your use only. From your user or from Admin user, move the shortcuts to the programs from your Start menu (click Start, right-click All Programs, click Open ) to the All Users Start menu (click Start, right-click All Programs, click Open All Users )
- Check the application permissions. From the Admin account:
- Right click on the app icon
- Select properties
- Select Security tab
- Select 'edit' at the 'To change permissions' section
- Add the required user that needs access to run the app